Linux System AdministrationAll courses available for online training as well as instructor led training!
(Red Hat, CentOS & SUSE)
Famsoft's Linux System Administration career track is very detailed and totally hands-on. The following are just a few of the exercises that students actually perform in class as part of their lab exercises:
- Hands-on training on IBM and Dell servers
- Adding physical devices such as disks, printers, modems etc.
- Implementing RAID0+1 and RAID5
- Hands-on Network printing configuration and setup using JetAdmin
- Shell scripting in Bash, Korn and C shells along with awk and sed
- Hands-on configuration of DNS, DHCP, NIS+ servers in CentOS
Though this program does not require any Linux pre-requisites, this is a rigorous program and you must be willing to devote a substantial amount of time and effort to complete it. Your gains will be in direct proportion to the effort you put into it.
What is Linux?
Linux is a popular UNIX like operating system installed on a wide range of computers and other hardware devices. People with good Linux knowledge are very much in demand and command excellent salaries. The objective of this track is to provide students a strong conceptual knowledge and lots of hands-on exercises to help understand the Linux System Architecture and Administration better and to appreciate the best practices of the IT industry.
Famsoft's Linux System Admin Career Track is designed primarily for career changers with no prior background in Linux. That being said, you must have a reasonably good end user skills. The following basic knowledge is assumed of each student:
- Reasonably good familiarity with the Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of computer applications like Word and Excel.
The Famsoft's Linux System Administration Career Track assists students in preparing for Red Hat Linux System Administration in multiple Computing Environments.